Top 3 Things to Do in Conroe, Texas
For those who live in Texas, the diversity of attractions in Conroe, Texas is no surprise, but for outside visitors, it often feels like a hidden treasure.
Bordering a 22,000-acre lake, the Sam Houston National Forest, and the W. Goodrich Jones State Forest, there are many natural escapes as well as a downtown full of life, history, and art.
It’s a fun place to take a quick vacation or stop along your drive through Texas.
Here’s the best things to do in Conroe, Texas:
1. See a Show at the Crighton Theatre
The oldest art venue in the area, The Crighton Theatre is an incredible place to see a live theatrical show in Conroe, Texas. Known as The Crown Jewel of Montgomery County, it opened on November 26th, 1935 originally as a movie theatre, and following the community’s support, was renovated into a theatrical theatre.
In the midst of the Coronavirus pandemic, the theatre was forced to close but luckily in June of 2021, it was able to fully open and resume regular performances. Not only does the theatre put on theatrical performances but also concerts and other musical events.
The Crighton Theatre is a perfect place to soak in some of Conroe’s history while also engaging with the community and seeing a stellar performance.
For more information on the theatre’s rich history and upcoming performances, check out their website.
2. Go Picking at Moorhead’s Blueberry Farm (Summer Activity)
Depending on the length of the year’s winter and any February freezes, blueberry picking at Moorhead’s Blueberry Farm can be open anytime from May through August. Due to changing weather patterns each year, it is important to check the farm’s website for updates and opening times.
If your visit matches up with an open day, this is a great activity for kids and adults to enjoy on a summer day. Plus, you get to go home with a fresh bucket of blueberries to enjoy throughout the week (if they last that long).
3. Get Drinks at the Best Breweries in Conroe
There are a handful of great breweries and wineries where you can enjoy a good drink in Conroe, Texas.
Here are the spots we recommend stopping by:
- B-52 Brewing Co. — Known for over 20 unique beers on tap that they make in-house, this brewery in Conroe is a great spot for some evening fun. With lots of outdoor seating, weekly events with trivia and food trucks, and a natural atmosphere, you can’t go wrong here.
- Southern Star Brewing — Sitting on a 13-acre wooded property, this tap room and outdoor Biergarten serves a variety of local and one-of-a-kind beer while overlooking the brewhouse.
- Bartletts Distillery — At this local distillery in Conroe, you can take a tour and learn how they make their rum and whiskey as well as taste a few!
- B.E. Winery — A 15-acre vineyard and winery situated on a beautiful country lawn. You can enjoy an inexpensive but high-quality wine tasting while overlooking views of the Texas piney woods.
- Copperhead Brewery — With both an indoor and outdoor tap room, you can enjoy beer in the best atmosphere for the specific time of year. Plus it’s just a few blocks from downtown Conroe so it is an easy walk!
Overall, these are great places to relax and taste delicious local beers. As always, make sure to check their website for open times and any special events!
So Much Fun in Conroe!
Whether you visit for a few hours or a few days, you’re time in Conroe will be a memorable one.
It doesn’t take long to feel the warmth of the community and experience why so many people are happy to call this city home.
If you’re looking to move and set down roots in this lively city, check out Anatole at the Pines. We can’t wait for you to call us home!